About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Once upon a time there was this grave, blond girl living at the coast of Norway. She was so bored with her life, that she decided to start over and travel across the sea. She ended up in New York City, the city of opportunities. Here she will hope to find Life, before she returns to Norway. You can follow her search in this blog.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

I think New York is not the cultural center of America, but the business and administrative center of American culture.

It came to my knowledge that my grandpa was getting interested in reading my blog. What would he find most interesting in New York? The Metropolitan Museum of Art, of course, since he is so intensely interested in culture and history. I actually went to the "Met" last sunday, and took a lot of pictures. What better occasion would it be to post them on my blog, but now? In honor to my grandpa, I mean.

The Met is overwhelmingly big, so in the 4 hours I went there, I only saw 1/4 of the exhibition. The departments I visited was: European colonialism and renaissance, ancient Roman and Greek culture , ancient African culture,  ancient Oceanian/ South-Asian culture, and modern art.

This is the building itself:











 God sais YO:























 Most of the african/oceanian art were quite scary:














 Hey, I didn't know that Yoko Ono was in town:





 These are "glas-bones" made by an korean artist after the Korean war. He wanted to illustrate the fact that so many soldiers lost one (or more) of their limbs during the war, which made their hole life after the war much more difficult.  
 This piece (I have no idea what it is) is made by an Hungarian artist. I do not remember the name, though:




























No comments:

Post a Comment