About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Once upon a time there was this grave, blond girl living at the coast of Norway. She was so bored with her life, that she decided to start over and travel across the sea. She ended up in New York City, the city of opportunities. Here she will hope to find Life, before she returns to Norway. You can follow her search in this blog.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I carry New York around the world the world in my heart but sometimes I try to shake it off in my dreams

So far, so good? 

Well, our american teacher is very likable. He is very friendly, funny (he tells a joke every morning to wake us up), educated and interesting. And he also remind me a little of my grandpa. Because of the way he looks, and the way he speaks. I always thought that my grandpa was the perfect example of an philosopher, and here you have a grandpa-lookalike which subject he is teaching is philosophy. 
I think he might be a little frustrated, though, by the students lack of interest in the subject. Most of the students either sleeps or sit on facebook during the classes. Only 3-6 awake students takes part of the discussions he try to trig, by asking the famous questions. I try as hard as I can to participate, but it's difficult to translate my thoughts to English when my vocabulary is significant better in Norwegian. 

It should also be mentioned, that Gateway still hasn't given us any English text-books in the subjects we are to be thought. I am getting a bit tired of how bad planned everything seems to be, and of how little information we get. It's hard to plan ahead when I don't even know when we will be at school next week. 

Well, since they haven't given us any books to bring to class, I today brought my camera with me to Times Square. 






I was in a little bad mood in the lunch-break, so I decided to visit the enormous Tous R' Us-Store at Times Square. There's a giant ferris wheel in the middle of the store. Oh, how to be 6 years old again. 


As a dedicated Star Wars-geek, this two guys made my day.


I actually never saw the Jurassic Park-movies, but this T Rex was more then enough for me. 

When I was little, Spider-Man was one of my favorite heroes. I don't know why. After all, I hate spiders. 


When school was done, I went down to Soho to meet with a friend from Ålesund who was in New York for a week with her school. She and a friend wanted to go shopping, but since I haven't really found the good places yet, all we did was wander around Lower Manhattan. Eventually we gave up and headed up to Union Square and Greenwich Village, where I knew to find some good stores. It all ended well when they both filled some bags with shoes, clothes and one purse. 







No comments:

Post a Comment