About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Once upon a time there was this grave, blond girl living at the coast of Norway. She was so bored with her life, that she decided to start over and travel across the sea. She ended up in New York City, the city of opportunities. Here she will hope to find Life, before she returns to Norway. You can follow her search in this blog.

Monday, February 7, 2011

A hundred times have I thought New York is a catastrophe, and fifty times : It is a beautiful catastrophe.

Today we went to the Harvard Club in New York, were we were served a tre-course lunch (or dinner, if you ask me), followed by another information-meeting with Gateway. They spent 3 hours telling us things we already knew; that we will start school tomorrow, and that we are responsible for our own learning. The only thing that saved the day, was the experience of the Harvard Club as a locale. It was the most perfect place I had ever seen. Everything was so sophisticated and stylish. There were vases filled with the most beautiful flowers everywhere, in the roof hang the most magnificent chandeliers and on the walls hang portraits of former Harvard Presidents or Members. The floors were covered in expensive carpets and the walls with exclusive wallpaper, the sinks in the bathrooms were of marble and porcelain, and the doors were of fine wood with glass, mirrors or curved ornaments in the middle. Every little corner of the locale was filled with detail and professionalism.





In the ladies room, you could even find small "makeup-closets" where you could sit down and do your makeup. 





I must admit I got very jealous at the Harvard Students, and for just a moment I considered applying to the university. But then I remembered the perfect apartment I had waiting for me in Trondheim, and the moment passed.


Tomorrow we are having our first real class in school. I am very excited to meet our teachers and to get starting with "the real deal". Being free to do whatever you want is OK for a week or two, but for longer than that I would go crazy if I didn't have anything useful to do.

2 comments:

  1. Går du på Harvard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I wish. Nei, går hos Gateway College. Det er eit norskt selskap som samarbeidar med norske høgskular, og har lokaler over heile verda som dei "sendar" dei norske foreleserane til. Slik får du norsk utdanning i utlandet.
    Men eg skal ikkje ta ein grad, skal berre ta ex.phil og ex.fac.

    ReplyDelete