About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Once upon a time there was this grave, blond girl living at the coast of Norway. She was so bored with her life, that she decided to start over and travel across the sea. She ended up in New York City, the city of opportunities. Here she will hope to find Life, before she returns to Norway. You can follow her search in this blog.

Friday, March 18, 2011

A day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic

First of all, I apoligize for not udating the blog in nearly one week. But I must say, I have a very good reason not to. You see, the past few days since we got home from DC, I have been sick. Seems like I cathced a cold in DC, and it still won't let go. So I've spent most of my days inside, wining and feeling sorry for myself. Trust me, that's not something you want to read about.

Yesterday was Saint Patrick's Day, and in addition the weather was great with blue skies and no wind. So I decided to stop being sick and do something fun. Helene (Gateway/Markle-girl) and I bought us some shocking green T-shirts at Times Square, before we went to school in Tribeca. There, they had made Norwegian waffles. They were really good, even though I missed the Norwegian "Seterrømme" (sour cream) on top.




After staying a while at school, Helene and I decided to go Upper East to see the Saint Patrick's parade. The parade reminded me a lot of the Norwegian parade at 17th of May, and for a short moment I was a bit sad that I would not get to experience our own national day back home. I was quickly cheered up again by all the happy, green-looking people surrounding us. 






















When it's Saint Patrick's Day, everybody go to pubs and drink Irish beer. So we did. We have already found a favorite bar in the area, who happens to be Irish, so the choice on where to go was easy. The bar was of course full of people, and the mood of the place was sky high. We ate some tasty food, drank some good bear and spoke to some joyful people. 
I think I'm gonna miss the Saint Patrick's-celebration next year, when I'm back in Norway. 







No comments:

Post a Comment