About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Once upon a time there was this grave, blond girl living at the coast of Norway. She was so bored with her life, that she decided to start over and travel across the sea. She ended up in New York City, the city of opportunities. Here she will hope to find Life, before she returns to Norway. You can follow her search in this blog.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Pretty Damn Spectacular

Yesterday some girls from the Markle and I went to see the Norwegian film The Trollhunter (Trolljegeren) at Tribeca Film Festival.

I had heard a lot of good things about the film when it played in Norway, and had wanted to see it for a long time. So when I saw it was scheduled to play at the Tribeca Film Festival, I was very excited. Fortunately, I was in no way disappointed.

The film was great. Of course not only because it was shot in Norway. The story, the characters, the special effects, the filming, the acting and the great mixture between horror, sci-fi, comedy and absurdity. It was all done in a great manner.
Still, it was extra fun when the movie was Norwegian, especially when I got to see the fjords and the mountains and the valleys and the great forests again. It got even better when a big part of the movie was shot in the area I'm from. It was simply hilarious to hear the strange but so familiar dialects of my county again. That some of my favorite Norwegian comedians was in the movie, too, just made it even greater.

But the best thing of all was that we got to see this film in NYC. It was so surreal to sit there, in a cinema in one of the biggest city in the world, and see this so very small and so very Norwegian movie. 'Cause it was indeed SO Norwegian. The nature, the people, the humor, the theme and the storytelling. For a while it felt like I was back in Norway, just to walk out to the busy streets of NYC and discover it was only a movie.


It was simply a big piece of Norway. And I found that I wanted more.
Even though I love this city, I think I love Norway the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment