About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Once upon a time there was this grave, blond girl living at the coast of Norway. She was so bored with her life, that she decided to start over and travel across the sea. She ended up in New York City, the city of opportunities. Here she will hope to find Life, before she returns to Norway. You can follow her search in this blog.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A town so nice they named it twice

Yesterday I was invited to see Annie perform at a dance workshop. The Next Stage Project had put together four different groups of dancers, and given them different choreographies to follow. The result was a varied and exciting show. And beautiful. It was very beautiful,  mostly because of the incredible dancers but also because of the intimacy of the performance. You see, the show was not performed at a stage. It was performed in the middle of a studio, with the audience sitting in a circle around. 

Unfortunately, I was not allowed to take pictures, so I had to steal some from TNSP's webpage:

After the show, both I and Annie were starving. Since Annie is a vegetarian, I thought it was just right to introduce her to the incredible vegetarian restaurant Gobo. We headed back to The Village, and got a table at Gobo. There we ate the most delicious food. Actually, I maybe ate too much. I was so full in the end, that I had trouble moving my body. It was worth it, though, 'cause the food there is so unbelievably good. 

After a long and good meal, we headed home to the Markle. I am so glad Annie asked me to come to the show. It was such an great experience. And she was so glad I showed her Gobo. All in all, it was a successful Saturday evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment